Collecting Personal Information
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. Personal information collected, stored and maintained consists of the following:
• Identity Data includes first name, last name.
• Contact Data includes address (home, postal or other physical address), email address and telephone number.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from Vicki.
• Profile Data includes purchases or orders made by you, your book genre preferences, country in which you live, feedback and survey responses.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from Vicki and your communication preferences.
• Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the website.
• Usage Data includes information about how you use the website, products and services.
How is Personal Information Collected
Personal data may be collected through
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms, by corresponding with Vicki by post, phone, email, via her website, social media accounts, subscribing to her newsletter, or when you purchase products.
• Third parties or publicly available sources. Personal data about you may be received from various third parties such as Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services utilised such as PayPal and Stripe; Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from Vicki’s e-commerce store, hosted by BigCartel.
Purposes for which Personal Information is Used
Vicki Milliken will not rent, sell or trade any personal information. And will not disclose any personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you. Personal data may be collected and processed for the following purposes:
Ordering products - Identity, Contact and Transaction Data will be used to identify you as a customer and to process and deliver products to you, including the management of payments, fees and charges.
Contacting us – Identity and Contact Data will be used to reply to an enquiry or request for information.
Advertising, marketing and public relations - Identity, Contact, Transaction, Profile, Technical, and/or Usage Data may be used to form a view on what customers may show a preference for, or what may be of interest to them. Customers will receive marketing communications from Vicki if they have requested information or purchased similar products and, in each case, have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Website Analytics - as you navigate our website, Technical and Usage Data may be collected automatically, such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. This is done to help improve the content of the website and to customise the content or layout of the website for you.
Fault reporting - if you contact us to report a fault with our website, we will use the Identity and Contact Data provided for the purposes of rectifying that fault.
Vicki Milliken will not otherwise use or disclose Personal Information unless permitted or required by the Privacy Act or any other law.
Personal information will be disclosed where the disclosure of the information is authorised under the National Privacy Principles. Examples of where the disclosure of this information is authorised are:
• You have consented either expressly or impliedly, to the disclosing of the information about you;
• Where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law;
• Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings;
• Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety; or
• Use or disclosure is required to investigate unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct.
Security of Personal Information
Security of personal information is important, and Vicki takes all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure as well as to destroy or permanently de identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose. Nevertheless, the internet is not a secure environment. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, nor the security, integrity or privacy of personal information submitted to this web site www.vickimilliken.com. If you use the internet to send information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk.
Access to Personal Information
Personal information may be accessed upon request (contact details below) but only to the extent we are able by law and are required under the National Privacy Principles. If we are unable to approve access, reasons for the inability to access the information will be provided. Where reasonable, consideration can be given to the use of an intermediary who would allow sufficient access to mutually satisfy needs.
Should an individual wish to complain to Vicki Milliken, please notify me in writing (contact details below).
All complaints will be responded to in writing within 14 working days.
Any updates to this policy, will be published on the website, on the day the changes are made.
This information is current as at 13th November, 2020.
If you believe the privacy of your personal information has been breached in any way, please notify me by E-mail email@example.com.